Having a garden is one of the finest things to invest your time and effort. It also enhances the curb appeal of your property. Nevertheless, you should watch out for persistent alien lab disposable that grow around your house.
Weeds are obviously a sight for sore eyes and lessen the visual inspiration that your property can radiate. Therefore, you should implement the quickest weed control solution. Before, chemicals are used to get rid of weeds but these days where more and more people are getting more environment conscious, there are other ways created to control the growth of weeds. You could actually find some effective materials right in your very own cupboards.
The following are eco-friendly ways to keep weeds at bay:
1. Use table salt to fight off weeds. You can sprinkle enough amount of salt in crevices, cracks, pavers or gaps where weeds usually grow. When the salt melts, it creates an intolerable condition for weeds.
2. Clove oil and other citric oil products also have the same weed fighting components as salt but with less concentration. Check the contents since some of the ingredients may have lively agents that promote growth of weeds.
3. Another effective produce to prevent weeds is using Corn Gluten Meal. It prevents germination and further spread of weeds by blocking the root systems for weeds development. Additionally, it is a more practical product since it does not only function as herbicide but also allows nitrogen to return to the soil or land and serves as fertilizer to cultivate a more luscious and greener lawn.
4. You can also use mulch, newspapers or compost. They can suffocate weeds when placed on top of the layer of the garden beds. These should be at least three to four inches in thickness for a more effective weeds smothering. Alternatively, be cautious when using compost or mulch since some kinds provides an environment where weeds can survive.
5. One of the best ways to control weeds is using horticultural vinegar. You can purchase this at any home and garden stores or centers, which are more concentrated and designed to kill weeds and prevent them from growing back. This can be achieved using the roots with twenty percent concentrated contents compared with the five percent found in the regular household vinegars.
6. Liquid bleach is also a good way to prevent weed growth. Add two cups of liquid bleach to a one-gallon size garden sprayer to kill off weeds. This kills them immediately and has an additional benefit of a bleaching effect on the pavers, which makes them appear clean looking.
You can always give up using chemical products to control weeds growth and elimination. Keep in mind that the chemicals of these products could create health hazards on your health, as well as the environment. Using natural and eco-friendly methods to control weeds are more helpful. If you decide to consider the six methods above, make sure to use each with several weeks interval. This is vital since some components of these items could actually destroy the pH balance of the soil, making it uninhabitable even by plants.